Sunday, December 6, 2009

update...

November came and went… what a month…my boys turned 6 and 9!!! Seems like just yesterday they were babies…but how thankful I am for their growth and more independence…They are getting old enough to take out in public and enjoy going with them… taking on new adventures and that is tons of fun!!! Cole has lost two teeth… one traumatically with a fall…it was already ready to come out…the blood gush got to him and he wanted it “put back”!!! The second was this week and he pulled it himself…sooo big boy I tell you!!! Eli would never have done that… ever!!! Dannah is soo ready for her moment…she puts the teeth under Cole’s pillow for him… and thinks about the cheeteeoos (Cheetoes) she will buy with that tooth money…Cole has also been a good little saver…he saved his dollars and bought a movie…I think that was the motivation behind pulling the tooth himself…

Okay… most of you know that Daddy has been in some pain lately and he waited until his normal check up that was already scheduled to have it all seen about …I think we all tried to prepare ourselves for the worst, however was sooo hoping for the best…but sadly the cancer is back….bone cancer…myeloma. It is not anywhere else just bones. Daddy thought he would be able to try a new trial med. program at UAB but that fell through due to timing…it did not start until the end of Dec and our oncologist did not want him waiting that long for meds…so this week was week one of chemo…. He actually had a really good night Tuesday night and was feeling very rested and his congestion was clear. By the end of the week he has started having the hiccups again… if we will remember he gets these each time he has gone through cancer… (ugh!! Side effects we guess) He can get ride of them by laying down…yesterday he seem to keep them all day… he was very tired and not talking last night when I went over. He did however call Eli to talk Alabama Football after our victory and Cole and Dannah wanted to talk to him …when they hung up Cole said “they were calling me he is better I can go spend the night!” The little ones are having major separation anxiety from the grandparents – mother came just long enough to drop the boys off at school…dannah has been going with me when I leave and I drop her off with Paige….Friday…she would not have it she lost it …cried and cried and cling to mother… so mother just kept her and took her to school…I hate it for them…I think mother feels the same way without dannah… Anyway, continue to remember daddy in your prayers add him to your church prayer list …Dan Morrow… we know God is with us … he will take care of us and go before us and make our path straight…Proverbs 3:5-6

Thanksgiving…okay we had a wonderful wonderful time with Mark’s family …Granny’s food --- YUM!!! It was an amazing spread as usual and I have been missing it –I could have eaten more … We got a great surprise we thought Richard (mark’s sisters husband) was going to be gone with the military until Dec… she and her boys were home with us… about 5 minutes before we sat down to our Thanksgiving meal the back door swings open and in walks Richard… we were all shocked but it was precious to get to see Alisa and the boys get their Daddy home for the holidays… it was a great day... and even better was the win of AL over AU…little stressful to watch at times but thank God they pulled it off… and what is even better was last nights championship win over the Gators… at one point Eli yelled “see you later alligator!!!” that pretty much sums it up!!! Go Mark Ingram!!!
I hope everyone has had a great November and are all ready for Santa… Mark is doing a great job staying on top of our holiday cheer… I did manage to get the trees up … not all the trimmings, but enough to enjoy…Dannah enjoys the trees and helping me… Elvis our Elf has come back again this year… he got spooked by the tooth fairy and has not been as into things as we thought he would be… however this morning we woke to find crumbled up cookies all over him… sneaky little elf!!! Dannah told him “do not do that ever again!”

I will post pictures one day… I have finals this week so will be using my spare time to study. It could be Christmas or after before I get back here… not enough energy or time in the day!!!

No comments: