Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Walker’s words are few and far between…

these crazy daze I find myself without much to say…and little time to sit and type out my thoughts or update on Walker World!!! I must say life has taken a turn for the better on the home front! We are now pretty much moved into our new home – it is such a blessing and God has gone above and beyond what I could have ever imagined…he loves us and sometimes we forget how much…he wants the best for us… sometimes our view of self can cloud that…or circumstances get us down about thee picture his of love for us… when we began looking at homes we prepared Eli for sleeping with brother … shared space… and to now to have room to grow and spread out it is hard to put into words what that does for all of us… the closest emotion would be depicted on Extreme Home Makeover... “Move that Bus!!” The kids are thrilled with more space to spread out… before we moved you could not pry Dannah from my side - rarely did she play with her toys in her room… now she stays there for long periods of time… or they can go into the basement to ride bikes and eat popsicles!!! Cole was a bit unsure of this move… and a bit worried about his toys and where he would sleep… we have not gotten the boys bunk beds yet… so we have their single beds set up in the playroom…which worked out for the best …Cole is getting acclimated to being in the new space with Big Brother right there … Eli does not mind for now… he is a bit ready to get “ROLL TIDE ROLLING” on his Alabama Crimson Tide décor… but he is being patient. We also have moments where we have to figure out how to live in the new space… keeping up with everyone is a challenge… as Cole told my mom, “Which direction do you want to go… we have lots of directions!”
I will eventually get boxes unpacked and pictures on the wall… it is going to be a process and we have a list of things to do… it will slowly but surely get there…

We have 11 more days of school left… and I could not need the break anymore than I do this year… I am ready to shut down shop… mentally teachers and kids need summer we need to rest our medulla oblongata!! Eli got a homework pass yesterday for good behavior and I don’t know who was more excited him or me!!!

I have finished all my biology classes!!!! That being said I am having a hard time signing up for summer classes… (so need a break) but I will push on … I will be thankful when I get done sooner … so this summer I am doubling or tripling up to get more accomplished while I lay at the pool with the kiddos and a book and pencil in hand…

Getting ready for summer fun activities we will get to do our VBS and his weekly golf clinic only this summer we can do it at the course in our subdivision so it will make for easy drop off and pick up… Eli went to the range after school yesterday and passing the course each day gives him and Mark the fever!!!

Cole has been a trooper this year with school and I am so proud of the little man he is becoming… he is always asking for a “check out”… and soon I will be excited to tell him “last day” – he has had the best teachers this year… Dannah has another ½ week until preschool is out… she has an end of the year musical where she will dress up in a poodle skirt and sing “Jesus is the Rock and he Rolls my Blues away!” She has done really well with preschool and Grandmother and Aunt Paige have too… I don’t know what I would do without all my support… it takes an army to raise a family…

Daddy is doing so well… thank you all for the constant prayers!!! I could not ask for better prayer warriors and friends who stick with us through it all… letters, calls, prayers, support, and love is so much a healing factor… A kind word, a simple pat on the back, or phone call can bring sweet peace to our hearts at any given moment… Thank you… He went to the dr. yesterday for treatments… his red blood cells are producing like they should… which we went from getting transfusion to everything looking good… huge answer to prayer!!! He is feeling almost normal…He told my girlfriend the other day that he felt like nothing was even wrong… and that has been a blessing… we love days where there is no pain and no cane!!!! He looks great… his feels good… could not ask for much better than that… he get a week off next week … and I am waiting for summer to come so I can take over all kid duties and send them packing to the sunny shores of Florida for little R&R … mother needs it as much as daddy… she holds up stronger than anyone …I love her mother’s day was spent cooking her a meal… and spending time with her… she went with Paige’s family on a hike …
There are not enough a word to express to our Mother’s how much they mean to us and all that they do for us… Mark and I both were so blessed to have such strong God fearing mother’s … I just pray that I too can be that example to my own children… and so glad our parents are a huge influence on our children… they have more than just me and Mark.

Speaking for raising children… I had read years ago when Eli was younger “Bringing Up Boys” by Dr. James Dobson and I have picked it back up and look forward to readying “Bring Up Girls” which just came out… I encourage any mom to read this and let it settle in your hearts… I have only read the first chapter but it has settle in my spirit and I have been very challenged and encouraged by his advice and words… our Pastor and his wife spoke this weekend about their family and the one thing they said that settled in and has stayed with me… “your not to list is just as important as your to do list” … I think we all get it in such a hurry and schedule so much for out kids… that we loose the most important time…just hanging out at home and pouring into their hearts … quantity = quality… They talked about how yes they signed up for one sport a year… one activity… and let the rest of their time be spent at home where their influence is greatest on that child not the coach or others… I guess with Eli loving sports and being the one who wants to sign up for everything I have questioned myself as to whether or not he is missing out …everyone else lives at the ball park – should we… and that spoke to me Sunday… it was like an answer to my internal conversation… We do not have to be like everyone else and our kids might be better for it!!! And I am all about not living at the ballpark (now how do I pour into them at home) … teach work ethic… teach them to clean up … do chores…  sounds like a plan… (That is why you were born right???) I have been blessed with some pretty neat little individuals in our home.

No comments: