Soooo this week is all about cole... so first I will tell you Coleman has not always been our social child... he can be in a room full of kids his age and be just as content to sit by himself and play....well Thursday mother and daddy took Dannah and Cole to McD's for lunch... they were joined by a grandmother and her two grandchildren who just happend to be almost the same age and sex as our two... Cole struck up a conversation and relationship with their grandson of five...the two climbed up the tunnels took and seat and just talk ...the whole time!!! Mother said it was big boy conversation too!!! Cole went up to this childs grandmother and asked if he could spend the night with him (eli's sleep over pals are making an impression on cole! He wants his own sleep overs!!) So...this was a huge accomplishment for our little man... a complete strange kid... not in his class or in his normal daily life... and he intiates play with him without the support of me ...mother...daddy...teachers... yea Cole!!!
Cole is also the child that has NEVER taken oral medication...EVER...without throwing it back up... and trust me we have tried every trick in the book...just shy of standing on our heads!!! He has been fighting a nasty cough and I once again get him to come to the kitchen and try to get grape "juice" down his throat!! I just told him, "Okay Cole mommy needs you to drink this grape juice and then I will give you a juice box to drink..." he takes it ... swallows it... and I never once had to get creative!!! OMG!!! DID THAT JUST HAPPEN!!! Was I dreaming... no he took it...I called Mark and we all got very excited... he has been pretty sick little man since then but that was a huge moment for us!!! What once took alot of energy and struggle became a non-issue!!! Accomplishment!!! I only wish that when he got sick in the middle of the night he would come running for me... he has never slept in our bed (just recently took daddy's place and that was just weeks ago) he threw up and took his shirt off and flipped to the clean side of the bed without making any alarming notification that would wake us... and to find him like this the next morning made me sad.... I wish he would have come running...so last night when I put him to bed I said, "Coco if you get sick mommy needs to know this... you have to come wake me up okay..." "okay mom." Well, I checked on him a dozen times until 1am... then we were all sleeping soundly...he had a accident in his pull up and tried to change pants (evidence in the bathroom) ... new pull up back to bed and bigger mess... we had to wake him up put him straight in the tub...and tons of laundry right off the bat again... "Cole why did you not come get me?" "I did not throw up!" Ugh!!! But the truth ... I did not say throw up or poopy!! I sooo wish he would have cried out...we have monitors for this !!!! Makes me sad that my little man does not see the need to come get me...or know that he is in a mess... So he is up playing wii and no fever we have held down three juice boxes and his and dannah's bowl of noodles...so maybe this was a short lived bug...and it will be a better night tonight... what else should I add to the list of if this happens come get me??? humm....
God love him he is a trooper and a sweet little man... he is happy even when he is sick...and daddy dressed him in the longest basketball shorts ever today and he look so adorable... and he thinks he is big to be wearing them!!!
We are off tomorrow and I thank God for that...after all the laundry ...mopping of floors...and cleaning up I have done the past two days I am hoping to sit and do nothing all day tomorrow!!!
1 comment:
Ahhhh!! I hate Cole has been sick!! I hope he gets to feeling better!! How are the Walkers'?
Post a Comment