Well... things are starting to pop around our house... we are back into routine after the holidays and the toys have all found a home...in a bucket or on a shelf! Dannah is back to dancing with her friends and enjoying her teacher and her class... she seems somewhat left out when it comes to school...but registration for pre-k is coming soon so she will experience school soon!!! She will hopefully be attending Westwoods preschool next year... if I can remember to get her paper work in on time!!!
Mark had a long weekend getaway with work this past week and he invited me to join him Friday after I got off... we were in Florance, Alabama at the Marriott Shoals... very nice and he got in some golf...and I enjoy a massage followed by a nap!!! Heaven!!! I got to meet and spend time with those he works with... and it was lots of fun and laughs... We enjoyed an a movie that was not rated G at the theater... the clinteastwood movie...good!!! And getting to sit and enjoy meals with out spills and being rushed or worried about how long it took to get in and out!!! I have to say the perks of the job have been great... and we feel very blessed!!! I had hoped to sight see in Florance given Ivy Green the birthplace of Helen Keller is there... but after getting sooo lost with the GPS ....I did not venture out... I think I will leave the GPS navigation to Mark and stick with asking strangers for directions... works out better for me it seems!!! Mark did great for his first year and open enrollment... he placed 10th in the overall ranks and got rookie of the year!!!
I have started some time of reflection... starting my year off with a kick start...Church of the Highlands always start off the year with 21 day fast... and I have never quite got in on the fast full blown... due to having babies... at times I have stepped back and fasted certain "things" in my life... but I am on board and into day 2 of the fast...and already I know God is stirring... I am desperate for him... to seek him and know him more...I am also starting an online bible study (link is below) and I think through all of this I just want him to know I am available...and not just stuck on things that surround me but on him... I want to be more focused on my relationship with him and seek his presence in every part of my day - driving to and from work--- during the situations that arise...I want him there... and I am inviting him to there... allowing him to speak to me not just me coming to him with my list.... I am very encouraged as I tell you that 21 days is no magic number ... but just setting aside time to deny the nature of who I am and my flesh that gets in the way so many times to be set aside and focus on him...on what he means to me ...that I am created to worship him and have a Father Daughter relationship with him...I encourage you to stop and take time to look into heart and your relationship with him... I can already tell such a focus and change in my heart ... check out Shift blog... Pastor Chris shares about this if anyone is interested...
No comments:
Post a Comment