I have said it before and I will say it again ..."I could sooo live at the beach!"
This trip was so relaxing...and with 10 kids total give or take...it was yes relaxing... it is more fun playing lifeguard with your girlfriends...and even if I tried to save a football from drowning ... it was a great week!!!
I love having kids for my kids to grow up with and though a few miles between and three different school systems between us... we all just get along!!!
We ate too much fried food and I must say the first night there our meal was better than any restaurant ...(Thanks bybo!!!) Can we get an order of those homemade hush puppies????
I have been truly enjoying Gulf Shores this year... thanks to a few company trips, a wedding, vacation, and yet another weekend away coming up soon...I think we should start looking at property... It is nice to be on vacation and not get stuck in traffic...and even driving a few miles to eat does not take that long... the beaches had a bit more shells than we would care to walk on...but it was not East Coast either... so I am actually okay with that... and the girls got buckets of pretty shells to show for... (matter of fact...my kids did not get on the beach that much so no complaints...)
Our new favorite thing is crabbin'... I had no idea and let me tell you sand rats...and sand mites... we learned a lot on this trip...
We came home to Vacation Bible School and have been going non-stop since... Monday was the first day we officially had nothing to do... no place to be and no obligations... then followed by dentist and an afternoon at the zoo ... which was actually very relaxing and lots of fun... hot but fun!! This was the first time we actually planned our zoo trip and packed the swim suits... so the sprinklers were a hit and the suds were awesome!!!
It is such a blessing to be home and have these days with the kids... we are enjoying summer... we have already packed in so much!!! I feel blessed to have a job that allows me this time with my three little monkeys... Coco and Dannah Re have some abc's in lower case to meet... and Elijah has some books to read... so maybe we can tackle those things with as much energy as we have put out on activities... keeping it balanced right???
Quotes from the kiddos:
"Mommy when the tooth fairy gives me that money ...
I am gonna buy some "cheet-e-oo's!" (Cheerios and Cheetos mixed but she means Cheetos chips)...Dannah
"aw...I hate this girl movie" When reminded not to say the H...word..."oh I mean I LOVE THIS MOVIE!" ...Cole
"Jesus is not my best friend...he lives in my heart...Laura is my best friend"...Dannah Re
Cole is not allowed to say the word Kill...so we started spelling it when telling Eli about this ...Cole said, " I will not say that k-l-e-e-n word... I promise!" while dannah is back there saying, "yeah cole that k-i-e-n word...you know!"
"mom are we going to get to meet moses when we get to heaven?" I say, "yes!" He says, "awesome!!" (now you know who we studied in VBS) eli
"please,don't ask me to do it..." eli
"Can you please move cole and dannah into a room together so they will leave me alone!" eli:)
No comments:
Post a Comment