Monday, June 29, 2009

discounts for seniors...

so I am not quiet that old but my birthday has come and gone yet another year...I must say I had a great weekend just being me... not mommy ...and that was actually really nice... and I have to say I think it is a great way to recharge the mommy batteries... you get to relax without panic and concern that follow you when you are taking care of the kids...and put on your big girl panties and just be you... read an adult book watch adult movies eat dinner without mac and cheese!!! Mark has been so blessed to have a great job that sends us to the beach for a four day weekend... have a few meetings and everyone relaxes and hangs out... eats on the company tab and says thanks for all your hard work... We for one think this is a great perk!!! I got to tag along thanks to some great grandparents who all pitched in to make the weekend a possibility for us to get away... Mark and I enjoy focusing on each other as well and think this is key to long lasting - loving relationship and marriage... We played a little golf (which I have not done in years...but picked it right back up and actually my putting was amazing and the greens were my friend this time!!!) I also got to lay on the beach for hours just reading a Mary Higgins Clark and watching a woman build a real sandcastle which made me not be able to focus on my book without thinking of the book I read last summer "sandcastles" by Luanne Rice -- which I had to tell her what fun it was to watch her work and suggest a great read to her!!! I little sun by the pool... and some jimmy buffet and james taylor...and some great eats...tried grilled cobia -- it was great!!! had some grilled shrimp...and it was fun in the sun!!! I missed the little people...but enjoy my husband...and our humana friends! Came home to a happy birthday sign and saw a great display of fireworks at church ...took the kids to eat and put them soundly to sleep...eli played so hard yesterday with his buddies at church that we had to puff albuteral all night...but he is better today and it was a great weekend...I also got to watch "my sister's keeper" ...now ladies this movie is wonderfully made... but the saddest most heart breaking movie of all times... i have never sat through a movie and cried the whole time...sobbed!!! I think Mark should set up a booth and sale cancer policies -- everyone should have one...and he has a great one that applies for children... it is the best out there!!! I was thankful we have that for our monkeys after watching this movie...and all of us women had to get our cancer stories off our chest after it was over... not one family is spared a story and it makes you truly want to love those you have been so blessed to have in your life!!!
So Happy Birthday to me...and no Mark I do not need you to sign me up for medicare just yet~!!!:)

No comments: