Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween..last minute planning and ideas...

So with an upside down week ...not sure our Halloween will go as planned...so I have come up with a BACK UP PLAN!!!

If you looking for a sunday school lesson for little ones...I have searched tonight and found "The Pumpkin Patch Parable" by Liz Curtis Higgs

I have never carved pumpkins with our little ones... not with faces...I tend to enjoy the fall pumpkin sitting plump and round and lasting longer without cutting into them...more to enjoy and sometime they last until thanksgiving... we alway take the kids to pick out their own and I get a few more for decoration... but if tomorrow we stuck around the house... I think I am going to run out to Books A Million and purchase this book... and spend the afternoon letting the kids pick a pumpkin and do a little scarvenger hunt and find their story as the treasure... bring this spooky holiday into more of a teaching tool to remind us to have no fear ... get the junk out of our insides and clean it up... let our little lights shine for Jesus even on a day when evil seem near!! I am all about dressing up and love a good spook...but maybe i will take this time to share a little pumpkin cheer... and let us know that Jesus is here!!!

Happy Halloween and Trick-r-Treats!!! I can't wait for something good and sweet to eat!!!

If you read that book for Sunday School I saw a few fun crafts to go along with it as well...click here to go the site I found... :)

No comments: