Thursday, November 13, 2008

Counting my blessings...

Do you ever have weeks or days when you feel that there is more wrong happening than right... the darkness over shadows the light... you feel like your head is not above water long enough to take the next breath before the next wave crashes in... but in spite of the stroms we face we must find it within to keep our heads up...keep kicking and fighting ...for there is someone who is with us...he is closer than we think and he is holding us keeping us afloat! I had one of those days yesterday where I could not help but think in my head all that seemed wrong with my world...and as my daddy drove me to my pre-opt. appointment I began spilling the tears and woes of my soul... (I even cried last night when George Straight got song of the year with "I saw God today!") which daddy is making my list of blessing as I sit crying over my spilled milk... and that is true ...at our lowest we must find the good in everything...in everyone... in each situation... we must look past the moment and find the outcome could be worse... or better yet realize that sometimes we need the hard times to help create our character... to give us the opportunity to grow... to experience things so that later we might be an encouragment to others... I have to say... I am very blessed... I have a family that is closer and more of a blessing in my life than many I know... I have three amazing children...(no matter how crazy it gets at times) who are healthy and a blessing to us!!! My husband whom i adore and could not imagine my life without... he keeps us all straight! And I have Father who promises to guide me ... stick with me... give me His strength and make himself known in my weaknesses... I have to say that today has been a good day and I face my challenges today I asked God to take me broken and weak and use what little I might provide and make each situation better (not bitter!) Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding but in all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your path!" I pray today for each of us to give our woes and cares to someone who can actually do something about them... not just a sympathic ear...of a girlfriend (or my earthly daddy) ... but to our Father who is our healer ...our provider...our comforter...our strength... I pray today that we each know that he loves us and wants the best for us... for our children...for our future... "he has the whole world in his hand!" As Thanksgiving approaches I am thankful... I have my moments ...we all do and you do not have to look far beyond you front door to see that it could be much worse... so as for me and my house we will count our many blessing... as Cole prayed at the dinner table tonight (which we finally figured out which movie this clip was from...and we are sooo having to watch him flipping channels especially since he can recall them almost immediatly!) but it did get a good chuckly as we thought he would pray the traditional " God our father..." as our children do...






*now we are not by any means endorsing this movie...just sharing Cole's Daily Dose!!!

No comments: