Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Things to do...

so the to do list grows each day and things begin to add up...time frames are laid out in my mind... Weekend...accomplishments...then getting ready to start all over again... with the boys birthdays...it gets a bit overwhelming... to be everything to everyone!! And not to mention Christmas is here... I have never seen walmart so stocked!!! And honestly why were the Merry Christmas lights already glowing tonight... just on the eve of Thanksgiving...can we not as nation stop and be thankful...must we rush the commerical push for holidays... is four weeks not enough!!! With that being said...I do have three trees up as of this afternoon but at least I have a good excuse!!! (lol!!!) I usually refuse to put up Christmas before Thanksgiving...I love Christmas... but I love being thankful and eating my turkey too!!!

So on with the post... So my to do list -- oh yes!!! So... as many have heard many times recently ... I am scheduling my outpatient surgery for in the morning...just hours away...since Dannah has been born I have had it rougher...than usual...and honestly I am miles away from God taking this from me naturally... but he has allowed Dr.s to come up with this great proceedure to help make life easier till we get there -- ladies you should all be smiling!!! Sooo...I have talked with my dr... whom is a great spirit filled christian... and I am prayerfully going to get good results and more of myself back... my energy...!!! So as I planned for this to be done on a hoilday...one it was great for not having to take time off...but two...I could have a five day weekend which should be more than enough time to feel back to normal... So even thought I will miss some good Granny cooking I am thankful for the timing...

my list oh yeah...so I took off 1.2 a day today ... surprised Eli with daddy checking him out of school... (which was okayed by his teacher...and counts since it was after lunch) He gets a little down with the little ones getting more time off than he does... so we all spent the afternoon together... just relaxing...and enjoying ... Mark was with for a moment... and we put up our christmas tress (against my beliefs) but I will mark that off of the list... and have it done...before my recovery... and I will enjoy the BIG GAME because that is out of the way... I have done all but one load of the four loads for today... and the house is very organized minus the laundry room... and a few things in my room...which will have to wait!

Dannah is sooo into our trees...and the boys have for the last few years had mark's single man christmas tree (that is small)in their room... and our big one... this year we went tonight and bought Dannah her very own pink 4' tree prelight (thank the Lord) and a few plastic balls...of all sizes...and some necklaces (as she calls it) to string and she picked out princess orniments... we sat in her floor and she hung almost all the balls...and was sooo very thrilled with this... she at one point got her strawberry shortcake dolls and said, "look girls isn't it perfect!" of coarse they responded oh yes!!! My dad was over during part of this and he looked at me and said how bad did you want that tree... well I did ...I admit... I love it...pink is our color ... and honestly ...I love for the kids to be sooo excited...Cole picked out cars orniment and Eli a Dale Earnhart Jr...(which btw we saw his car in montevallo sunday afternoon - we got very excited!!) Anyway.... I love these moments... and we have had a sweet night..with my family celebrating our thanksgiving at the Italian resturant in town!!! I am so thankful tonight for such a wonderful little family... for all the blessing that God has given us... for providing for us...for his protection...he love...his forgivness..
I think Shannon said it best in her blog... we must choose to be thankful and seek out the little moments spent enjoying our life!!! Savor them ... let them linger!!! I will confess my kids went to be later tonight because I was lingering in the moment spent with them laying all over me on the coach... get in the way of regular routine... hold on to and absorb those i love... notice the little things... let those memories flood you!!! I took all six kids over to Paige's last night and toilet papered her yard...Happy 40th old lady!!! Against my mothers better judgement...but I would not take that back ...watching those six little ones run around in the dark in the yard... and string paper from here to there to everywhere... priceless!!! Toilet paper...just a few bucks!!!
So put on your things to do list... memories... hugs... kisses...and fun!!! and make the task last...and count!!!

No comments: