Tuesday, November 18, 2008

R.I.P. Sugar....Where is Pepper???


We have had quite a week... our cat of five years...has pasted away... and that makes my kids sad... Eli cried more than once this week...and so being the mom of the year that I am .... I find a kitten... already taken care of with shots and fixed and I pick it up after school yesterday... bring it home... Dannah and the boys are thrilled... Dannah names it "Pepper" (kk I think she likes your dogs names- but it fits the gray, black, and white striped kitten) and we put him down and he is spooked...so as I catch and pick him back up ... I get into a mess in my dress pants...I put him back down ...run change clothes...come back and he is missing in action!!! Gone... and we search the woods all afternoon...no pepper... the kids are distraught! I have cause more harm than good...and day two no the kitty is nowhere to be found...mother has alerted the neighbors we are missing a kitten... but does not look good... oh well... sad days... everyone say a prayer for our cat issues!!

Cole's movie and mexican Sunday afternoon went well... he had a great day... our family all meet up and ate... as well as the Forrest Family...and Joshua our bff and his brother who is Eli's buddy... So we had cake and then hit the movies ... I will say I saw bits and pieces in between bathroom visits with each child that was with us...!!! (I have seen more public restroom in the last two days than I have in a year on my own!!! down side to no diapers!!!) Anyway... Cole loved the movie...he could not sit still the whole time... and the kids all came home with us afterwards and stayed until dark.... which I recommend... we had a 1/2 sheet cake almost completely eatten by six o'clock... round two was great!!! especially with left over popcorn!!! And I must add that the stress level of mom on b-day with little clean up was a huge plus!!! We also had a seperate table for kids and adults...which I love that we are at the age we can get by with this!!! AWESOME!!! And the adults enjoyed a nice meal while the kids yelled and screamed at each other not us!!! :)

So Eli is counting days...

1 comment:

Holly said...

Any sign of Pepper?
I hope Eli had a fantastic birthday today!!