Friday, November 28, 2008

Elvis is back...

Elvis the Elf that is... we received a package for our trusty friend (who I see more than I should - John I am sorry you must make the daily trip) Elvis made his first real impression on Dannah re... as she arrived home from Granny's she began her meltdown...we were all quick to remind her and even sing "you better watch out you better not..." and we pulled out the book and read it at least three times to her while really talking up the fact that Elvis would go back and tell Santa everything!! Her eyes got big and she was like really!!!! So Eli informed the little ones don't touch him... he will come out of the box when we go to bed... so he places the elf under the tree in his ups box... Dannah was like "Grandmother...can he go stay at your house??" So maybe she wants to cry without the presure of being watched!! and thinks being at grandmothers will be a better home for the noisy little elf!!! But oh no... He knows!!! you go over there too remember!! lol!!!

So as far as traditions go...I guess this is our latest greatest!!! I will keep you posted on what Elvis gets into this year... The kids were thrilled to have him return this year...

An as a side note to earlier post: Pepper has been located... we have yet to catch and lure him home...but he is just across the street and mother is daily watching him and feeding him and each time we move a bit closer to our home... she is calling him and he will at times not run just stare at her... so maybe the cat whisper will come out in us...and we can get him back home!!! Keep praying ... He cares about the little things in our lives too... don't forget to take everything to him ...right!!!

2 comments:

Holly said...

We had an elf appear in our classroom Tuesday after the kids left ;) I can't wait to hear what Eli has to say about him.
I hope your surgery went well! Sorry I haven't called. When I left work on Tuesday I was feeling really bad. I went to the doctor on Wednesday and she thought it was the flu but since I had a flu shot, she wasn't sure. So I got a shot and 4 prescriptions. I lost my voice on Wednesday and today was the first day that I have felt half-way normal and had a voice.
Hope your family has had a great Thanksgiving!

penny said...

girl we were both laid up ... i am sooo sorry.... I did do well... and I have been cleaning out toys today... we have a major lets give day...it is not all about the get!!! I am so proud of Cole he has been so good about sharing ...Eli has been fine too...he said as long as no football stuff got gone...we were good.... Dannah has been the only one pulling back out of the give pile! she said ...I got that at McDonalds...for the love!!!
Call me later...