Friday, December 26, 2008

dashing through the leaves...

santa arrived in Alabama just fine... I thought I might need to blog some Christmas cheer while the house is quiet and before I forget... Monday I woke up to a quiet house...and got things very clean and in order...packed our bags ...called the kids home for baths and we hit the road...(grandparents made it with all six and even baked cookies -- amazing!!) Anyway... we hit Jamie's around 12:30...and had some very excited kids ... they play so well together and we are all very blessed to have eight pretty amazing little people between the three of us... they are all really sweet it is fun watching them grow and become their own little people... Kelly and hers came over and us gals just relaxed and chatted ...laughted...and had fun catching up... Mark worked all day and night (busy season) Cole was falling asleep on the coach at jj's so I got him and dannah loaded up and headed to meet daddy at the hotel... just before pulling up cole got sick ...so called mark and had him meet me with towels in the parking lot!!! Have mercy... clean him up ... get him to bed...(btw ...staybridge suites at eastchase...love it!!) and he does it again...the hotel staff were wonderful and I was up at 10 doing laundry...I think at some point I fell asleep and Mark had to take my shoes off.. for the love!! But by morning all had passed or so I thought...we were planning a day out on the town and seeing santa...but when I called Jamie...Eli was sick... so we head straight home..do not pass go and do not collect $200!!! The kids all slept on the way home...and woke up hungry ...after that no more sickness... I was thankful it was not worse...even if Eli thinks Jamie's house always makes him sick (2 time for sickness while with her) :)
So Christmas Eve to me is hard...the kids are soo ready...we are so ready... get here already!!! We stayed in pj's till lunch and tried to entertain each other...get dressed and to church for candle light service at 5pm... I am amazed at how much of a task it is to keep my three quiet during services...I am ready to play lets make a deal with the pastor... you sit with my kids and I will preach...(merry christmas to all and to all good night...bye!) Or sing jingle bells...lol:) My version of a kid friendly service was just way different than what we had but the good thing is Cole did not drip wax all over himself and no one got burned!!! I am now a bit more cause with hot wax!!! We went to Paige's with Sam's mom and sisters for a great meal and the kids to all exchange their presents... Emma was on tracker and Eli was a nervous wreak... when it got to Santa being an hour away...he came in the living room saying it was time to go...breaking up the party!!! He took charge of Dannah and Cole's bedtime routine...they wanted to come home and play with their new toys he was forbidding them to ..."get your pj's on and get to sleep!" It was nice for once not being the one to give out orders!!! He did tell me the next morning that he was a bit nervous that daddy and I did not hit the hay with the rest of them ...he said he could still hear us watching tv...:) But all went well... and I am loving the wii...first time I have ever been better than mark at tennis...Eli and I bowled some amazing games today...and Cole went on a strike roll!!! It is the funniest thing seeing Dannah bowl...she skips while slinging the control...and it is a good thing for straps!!! Have mercy...she and cole are dangerous!!! Dannah got a karaoke machine and I have learned that being a rock star is not so easy... and that I don't sing so well outside of my car or shower...Eli,while I was in the middle of my performance, looks at mark and is like "mom does not sing so good does she?" Well, I practiced today and it was much better, Dannah told me so...and at least I tried!!! Some did not!!! And it is way harder than it looks...I don't read that fast and with out the tune in the bucket well...lets just say it gets rocky in spots!! Oh well...
Baby Alive with it's potty arrived at our house... here goes another long omg!!! What was santa thinking... this thing is the real deal folks... she eats... and we fed her ...then had to sit her on her potty while cooking breakfast... yep she did it... then just when you think you have seen it all..well she threw up on my leg... the boys were grossed out...the neighbors kids could not look...green peas...it was so bad dannah wanted no part in helping clean up...I had to remind her I was not the mommy here...she was!! So that baby is forbidden to eat again...or at least for a few days!!! All I needed!!! Cole got his tribot robot...he keeps saying "it's the best christmas ever!" He has dressed up from one costume and character to the next all day...storm trooper...ironman...hulk...he got his very own DS!!! He is one happy little man... although he did put me in a big time out once today for making him pick up his toys... last night he kept changing clothes and saying everything was itchy...after the third shirt I knew it was not the clothes...he had an ant bit on his back...that child was miserable mess..and blaming it on the clothes...he would have gone through every shirt ...
Josh dropped by and brought the kids some pretty neat toys...the boys got walkie talkies and Cole took his and went to the other room and was screaming "Roger Josh...Roger!!" It was too cute... Dannah has colored for hours today and even on her new cradle... so tomorrow we will be getting a magic eraser and taking a break from our artistic talents...:) Betty thanks for sending them goodies...they loved them!!! We look forward to granny and papa's visit and another week off... I am going to rock the pj's as much as possible!!! Catch up on as much Lost as I can!!!

No comments: